Watch this video to learn all of the ways you can break your device—and save money fixing it at Device Pitstop Maple Grove. Upgrade, repair, sell, trade or purchase gently used devices instead of buying new. Your wallet will thank you!
Time for a phone upgrade? Before you trade in or sell your old phone, follow the five steps from Device Pitstop below to make the process as seamless as possible.
- Transfer all of your data (photos, videos, notes, etc.) from your phone to a computer, flash drive or cloud-based storage.
- Ensure that your contacts are saved to either a Google account (for Android phones) or iCloud account (for Apple phones).
- Make sure your old phone has a full charge.
- Bring your charging cable and wall outlet charger to receive full value. Not having those items will deduct $15 from the buy/trade value.
5. Bring with you any passwords for your accounts so Device Pitstop can facilitate the factory reset of your old phone. For Android phones, only the screen lock password is required. For Apple phones, the screen lock password and Apple ID email and password are required.